Monday, September 16, 2013

Washed By the Water

Yesterday, my dear friend Sarah got baptized.  Watching her enter into the Kingdom of God was so special.  I really enjoyed this baptism because it was very different than the baptismal services that I grew up with.  It is so powerful watching the representation of being covered by sin and letting go and letting God take over your life.  We as sinners, are involved in the worlds greatest paradox.  We judged the One true judge.  The grace of God overcomes us once we realize that we do not deserve this love but are blessed through his Son with this amazing promise.
Watching Sarah be baptized reminded my of the call that we have as children of God.  We are washed clean, and that doesn't mean that we won't mess up, but it means that we know who to run to when we do.
The perfect love of Jesus never ceases to amaze me.

Sarah at Vintage Church in downtown Raleigh Sept. 15th
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment