Monday, November 25, 2013

giving thanks

wow.  The past 4 months have flown by here in Raleigh.  So much has happened and so many new things have blessed my life.

I am so thankful for my family. I don't think I could ask for a better group of people to call mine.  My dad always providing a good laugh, making some...interesting food choices for us and never a step behind in my life.  My mom is the sweetest lady ever.  Don't think you could find a more humble or understanding person, unfortunately this does make her an easy target for dinner table jokes.  Sarah.  My not so little anymore squirt.  That girl can light up a room with that cute smile and crazy weird laugh.  Its amazing how much you appreciate people when you are placed out of your comfort zone.  If you had asked me this summer what I was most excited about for the upcoming year it would be living on my own.  Looking back, I couldn't have been more wrong.  I am so thankful for these people.  The first ones I call when something good happens like making an A on my calculus test, and also the first people I call for help....when I get stuck in an elevator.  Having a family that is rooted in The Lord is the most rewarding thing I could ask for and I don't think I have ever been so grateful for them.



windy gap


Carley and Kristin


Coming to college, the one thing on a freshman's mind is am I going to make friends? Well I don't think I could ask for better friends.  Our common passion for Younglife has brought us so close.  Having friends in your life that keep you accountable for what you do is so rewarding.  We are probably the weirdest, craziest and most dysfunctional people you will meet but one thing is for sure.  We love Jesus and each other more than anyone can imagine. Friends like mine don't come everyday.  I am truly blessed beyond words to have met all these people, and I don't               know if Raleigh is ready for what's coming next with us.



go pack

Carley and Sarah
best leader ever
The biggest change overall though through the past 4 months has been my relationship with Jesus.  I went from loving Jesus to falling madly in love with Him in these short 4 months.  It wasn't anything I did or the people I was with, but it was all Him grabbing my heart and not letting me go.  I have never felt so full of joy.  It is amazing how you can go from being so consumed by worldly struggles and things, to being fully consumed and fulfilled by the love and grace of our Lord.  Having Him call me by name and calling me His beloved is something that I took for granted before.  Now, I fall on my knees in thanksgiving to Him.  Through Jesus I have found a life that is abundant.  I have been radically pursued and radically changed by my King.  What more could you be thankful for that that?!
So many new things he has brought into my life.  Younglife, friends who are on fire for Him, a church that challenges me and helps me grow, a school that is seriously the BEST,  a calling in life, and a deep relationship with him.  
I think I can say I have much to be thankful for this year. 

 
Vintage Church


"Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the world know what he has done".
 1 Chronicles 16:8

No comments:

Post a Comment