Monday, November 18, 2013

death to life

Wow.  What an awesome day. I represented my renewal of life in Jesus through baptism. Through believing in Christ I was brought from death to life.  I was wrapped in the arms of my Savior.  It was not an act of me finding Jesus, but a celebration of Him finding and capturing my heart.  No other way would I have wanted to spend this precious time than with my brothers and sisters in Christ that I have met at NC State.

No amount of words can describe the joy that I feel after being bought by the blood of Jesus. I am now energized and eager to experience the Lord.  I thirst for his righteousness and his plan for my life.  Having a Father who loves me enough to call me by name and pursue me is enough to fill me forever.  I want to continue to yearn for Him and search in every nook and cranny of my life for Him to expose himself to me.  I admire his grace and persistance of me as a sinner. Being baptized has filled me with living water.  I no longer hold onto the temporary desires of the world, I am no longer spiritually malnourished but my thirst is quenched through Jesus and I cling to the unconditional love and mercy of the Lord. I was called as a discipline to lay my life down, before Him.  He has taken all my broken pieces and made a masterpiece in me.  I was Barabbas.  The sinner, wrong doer and human that deserved punishment.  But then Jesus showed up at my trial and fell on His knees, washed my feet and died for me.  How precious and humble of a Father do I have.  I have been set free by Christ and am now a fearless disciple for him.
I follow his command because I am called to obey and I obey because I have acceptance.  There is no greater pleasure in my life than pleasing Him.
I am madly in love with Jesus and being baptized this Sunday was crazy awesome. I am so thankful that Jesus found me, washed me, and calls me His beloved.

"Going under the water was a burial of your old life; coming up out of it was a resurrection, God raising you from the dead as he did Christ. When you were stuck in your old sin-dead life, you were incapable or responding to God.  God brought you alive-right along with Christ. Think of it! All sins forgive, the slate wiped clean, that old arrest warrant canceled and nailed to Christ's cross". [Colossians 2:12-13]


No comments:

Post a Comment