Monday, November 4, 2013

hands

I can not think of anything better than sitting with great friends and having what we call "intentional talk."  A time to be vulnerable and share with friends, not only to better understand each other, but to also see a glimpse of how Jesus is working in each of our lives.  Talk could range from "tell me about your family", to "who were you in high school", to "How has Jesus grabbed your heart."  All of these are questions that my friends and I opened up about this weekend.  
I am not going to lie, I get really nervous when people ask me to talk about my past and how I found the Lord.  It is refreshing coming to college and telling myself that it is okay to tell others my story.  I am now learning that we all go through struggles, and what better support system could one ask for than an amazing group of college students perusing the love of Jesus.  
After this weekend and our talks, I found myself thankful that I opened up.  I now see that God has turned my scars and broken pieces into his masterpiece.  Now I feel as though God can completely use my life and my story in ways that I can't imagine.  God consumed my life and now I feel his call to continue to be bold and step out in my faith with my heart and my hands. 
Jesus,
I pray that you will take these hands and use them.  God help me to reach out to those who surround me that are lost.  We are often caught up in our own life and our own worries and stress that we forget to share the gospel.  Allow me the conviction to share even when I think it is inconvenient for me, because it is not.  
Lord I pray that you will continue to prepare my hands and my heart from the people in Honduras.  I strive to be a disciple for your Kingdom.  When I think about the children and families in Honduras that I will encounter that don't know you, I used to feel a hurt, but Lord now I feel an excitement and a joy that you will bless me with opportunities to share your Word and my story. I know I am not perfect Lord, but I am so thankful that I follow and am perused by a perfect man in Jesus.

Lord let me use my story to reach others and tell them of your nailed hands which tell the glorious story.  

"Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given to me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel for which I am an ambassador in chains.  I pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."
Ephesians 6:19-20



No comments:

Post a Comment